Writing a Story with an Impact
Marie White is the author of five books, including the award-winning #1 bestseller Strength for Parents of Missing Children: Surviving Divorce, Abduction, Runaways and Foster Care. She is also a Christian missionary, traveler, entrepreneur and the host of Bible Stories for Adults on YouTube with over half a million views.
When Marie started writing books, she decided that as an author she would only spend what she made from her writing. That meant about a year of no income. Getting creative with funding meant taking on ghostwriting jobs, earning commissions on collaborative books, and blocking off time to take advantage of EVERY free-trial offer that applied to what she did. Pretty soon Marie was out-earning the people who had started with $30,000 in initial funding. Marie knew the products inside and out, became sought after for entrepreneurial advice and began being invited as a guest to high-dollar events.
Questions you’ll hear on the podcast today
- You committed to starting your writing and publishing business with zero startup, how can other people start a side-hustle this way?
- What pushed you to actually make time to learn about social media, business and entrepreneurship?
- Do you ever feel like giving up on promoting your books and running a business?
- What made you move from writing books to publishing other people’s books?
- What is one thing you think every listener should know about themselves?