Sculpting Transformation One Leader at a Time
Susan Blais is a leadership coach, on a mission to transform the world of work one leader at a time. She made the long climb from receptionist to CEO of a billion-dollar division of a Fortune 100 company, so she knows what she’s talking about. She helps leaders understand and implement the critical balance between relationships and results, so they can unleash their people’s talents to achieve bottom-line success.
Susan became an expert at leading teams through radical change, by going through eight mergers and acquisitions in the corporate world of health insurance. The first couple were learning experiences, and the third opened her eyes to the desperate need people have for certainty, especially in times of chaos and confusion. Susan understood at that point that it was up to her to provide a framework and a place of trust for her people, so they could survive and thrive despite their world being turned upside down. Susan found this brought out the best in people, and they repeatedly exhibited acts of courage and creativity that amazed and humbled her.
Questions you’ll hear on the podcast today
- What do you mean by the balance between relationships and results?
- What are the top one or two leadership skills you consider essential in today’s world?
- How can a leader create certainly in the midst of chaotic change?
- What if my team is performing poorly right now, what can I do about it?
- I do my best to lead well, but the people above me in the organization don’t care about people, only about making money. What can I do about that?
- How can I help my people develop into leaders on the job?
- What are some good ways for a leader to develop their skills if they know they need help?