How a Slow and Steady Investment Really Does Win the Race
Moneeka Sawyer is the creator of the Blissful Real Estate Investor Formula. She authored an international best seller, Choose Bliss: The Power and Practice of Joy and Contentment. The book details the proven strategies she shares as an executive coach for more than 10 years. Moneeka believes that we can and should choose bliss in all areas of our lives, from relationships to business to investing. Her expertise has been featured on ABC, NBC, and Fox.
One evening when Moneeka was 22, her Dad sat her across the table and said to her “Moneeka, everyone has money issues. Do you want poor people money issues, or rich people money issues?” That night changed her life. Moneeka’s parents came to this country with only $200 in their pockets and a dream to create a better life for their family. Dad had heard that the golden ticket to wealth in the United States was to invest in real estate, so as soon as he could he bought a home. Then Mom and Dad saved their nickels and dimes to buy their first rental property. They bought several more and 18 years later, paid for the college educations of their 3 daughters, and then they paid for our weddings.
Warren Buffett says “If you can’t control your emotions, you can’t control your money.” Bliss is about emotional mastery. Moneeka teaches her clients the strategies they need to be wealthy, but more importantly she teaches them how to create emotional mastery so they can enjoy the journey, and also enjoy the rewards. That is the secret of those who are wealthy and happy. And we all deserve that.
Questions you’ll hear on the podcast today
- What is Blissful Real Estate investing and how did you get started?
- How have you used this in your own life?
- Is investing in Real Estate your main business?
- Why do you recommend other business owners invest in Real Estate? Don’t you think they should keep all their monetary focus on growing their primary business?
- What happens if the RE market crashes like it did in 2008? I could lose everything.
- What is it you love most about your part-time Blissful Real Estate Investing business?